Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Neeme Vool <ne...@eenet.ee> on 2001/04/09 11:58:02 UTC

Re: ping.epl

> Hi ..
>
> I try to do an .epl like this

> [-
> 	my counter =0;
>
> 	open(PING,"ping -c 20 10.1.1.1 |");
> 	while ($_ = <PING>)
> 	{
> 		[+$ counter +]
> 		counter = counter + 1;
> 	}
>
>  -]
> <HTML>
>
> i want to show the ping output in the HTML but no work :(
> what is missing ?...
There are syntactical and "tactical" mistakes. First, you cannot write
[-
	# code
	[+ $output+]
	# code
-]
second, variables are written $name not $ name or name,

you should
[-
	# code
	print OUT $output;
	# code
-]

an at last, usually embperl caches entire page before outputting. You must
force it to give results as they appear. And anyway it depends on browsers
decisions how to render the page.

Neeme Vool

Re: ping.epl

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.