Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "TheGeorge1918 ." <zh...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/24 14:33:35 UTC

reading info from spark 2.0 application UI

Hi all,

I'm deeply confused by the executor configuration in Spark. I have two
machines, each with 40 vcores. By mistake, I assign 7 executors and each
with 11 vcores (It ran without any problem). As a result, one machine has 4
executors and the other has 3 executors + driver. But this means for the
machine with 4 executors, it needs 4 x 11 = 44 vcores which is more than 40
vcores available on that machine. Do I miss something here? Thanks a lot.

aws emr cluster:
2 x m4.10xlarge machine, each with 40 vcores, 160G memory

spark:
num executors: 7
executor memory: 33G
num cores: 11
driver memory: 39G
driver cores: 6

Re: reading info from spark 2.0 application UI

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
What matters in this case is how many vcores YARN thinks it can allocate
per machine. I think the relevant setting is
yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores. I bet you'll find this is actually
more than the machine's number of cores, possibly on purpose, to enable
some over-committing.

Posted by "TheGeorge1918 ." <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.