Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com> on 2003/07/27 14:20:53 UTC

Re: upload a document

message message wrote:

> I am being little impatient about a problem which has occurred to me.
> I say impatient because I have recently downloaded cocoon2 and I would
> like to know
> if it is possible.
>
> I want the user to upload a binary file like a word document.
> Then by using RMIs I want to send the Word document to the RMI server.
> where I would like then to store the word document in a database
> and have the option of emailing the word document.
>
> Is that possible by using cocoon2.

Yes.  Uploads are described here:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FileUploadsWithCocoon

and if you are using 2.1 you need to see
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FileUploadsWithFlow (at the
bottom if you're not using flow) and the javadocs for the new names and
package of the multipart objects in the request.

You can of course interact with your RMI server but there is of course
no existing "upload a file and send it to my RMI server" component -
you'll have to build it yourself.  Cocoon is designed and built to make
this very easy to do.

Geoff