Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Wollert, Fabian" <fa...@zalando.de> on 2015/12/10 16:14:07 UTC

Per Topic Metrics

Hi everyone, when i browse via jconsole through a freshly started kafka
0.8.2.1 JVM i can only find metrics for the whole broker (like
MessagesInPerSec in
kafka.server:name=MessagesInPerSec,type=BrokerTopicMetrics") but not
per topic. what am i missing, e.g. where can i find those metrics?

the documentation (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Operations#Operations-ServerStats)
says kafka:type=kafka.BrokerAllTopicStat.[topic] but this is not exisiting
for me, i guess this is related to 0.7??

Cheers

--
*Fabian Wollert*
Business Intelligence

*Zalando SE*

*POSTAL ADDRESS*
Zalando SE
11501 Berlin

*OFFICE*
Zalando SE
Mollstraße 1
10178 Berlin
Germany

Phone: +49 30 20968 1819
Fax:   +49 30 27594 693
E-Mail: fabian.wollert@zalando.de
Web: www.zalando.de
Jobs: jobs.zalando.de

Zalando SE, Tamara-Danz-Straße 1, 10243 Berlin
Company registration: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 158855 B
Tax ID: 29/560/00596 * VAT registration number: DE 260543043
Management Board: Robert Gentz, David Schneider, Rubin Ritter
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Cristina Stenbeck
Registered office: Berlinn

Re: Per Topic Metrics

Posted by Otis Gospodnetić <ot...@gmail.com>.
Fabian,

Have a look at jmxc - it's a simple command-line tool we open-sourced ages
ago.  Very handy for dumping the whole JMX content, which helps when you
don't know what exactly you are looking for :)

https://github.com/sematext/jmxc

Otis

Re: Per Topic Metrics

Posted by "Wollert, Fabian" <fa...@zalando.de>.

Re: Per Topic Metrics

Posted by Otis Gospodnetić <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fabian,

RE: Per Topic Metrics

Posted by Todd Snyder <ts...@blackberry.com>.
I want to say that the metrics only show up when the first message comes in, but I could be thinking of another tool.

Try sending a message to the broker and see if metrics appear?

t.