Posted to user@bval.apache.org by helio frota <00...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/16 23:18:28 UTC

[environment] question about eclipse kepler + java 8 bval 1.1 branch

Hi,

1) I remove java 7 and using only java 8.
2) Checkout the code of bval using default instructions on the website.
3) I get compilation problems.

Question:

Is good to use java 8 and eclipse kepler with bval 1.1 branch ?

I have a sample to try to contribute and would be interesting if it was
java 8.

thanks

http://eprogramming.github.io

Re: [environment] question about eclipse kepler + java 8 bval 1.1 branch

Posted by helio frota <00...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

My fault,

"Spec says Java 6; see http://beanvalidation.org/1.1/spec/#d0e182
currently the 1.1 pom says 1.5 so we may well not yet be using any 1.6
features
Java 7 should work fine to build though"

Thanks Matt Benson for this information !