Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Niranda Perera <ni...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2018/07/05 12:57:55 UTC

DagRunOperator - target dag tasks are not triggered - possible timezone conflict

Hi,

I am checking the DagRunOperator [1] and I was using the
example_trigger_controller_dag.py & example_trigger_target_dag.py.

When I triggered the controller dag, the target dag tasks are not
triggered.
Check dags.png

while investigating further (check dagruns.png), I believe this due to dag
run execution date setting. I am in UTC+5.30 and while the controller dag
execution time was set by UTC+0, the target dag execution was set by my
local timezone UTC+5.30. So, the target would not get triggered for another
5.30 hours.

so, Is there a way to bind the timezones in airflow?

[1] https://airflow.apache.org/_modules/dagrun_operator.html

Best regards

Niranda Perera
Research Assistant
Dept of CSE, University of Moratuwa
niranda.17@cse.mrt.ac.lk
+94 71 554 8430
https://lk.linkedin.com/in/niranda

Re: DagRunOperator - target dag tasks are not triggered - possible timezone conflict

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Hi Niranda,

What version of Airflow are you running? There are a lot of improvements
coming up in Airflow 1.10 regarding timezones.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/blob/master/airflow/config_templates/default_airflow.cfg#L77-L79

Cheers, Fokko