Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dhanisworo Dhanisworo <dd...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/24 11:51:34 UTC

Tomcat, Radware AppDirector,IE6 Blank Page

Dear All,
I have encountered a problem using the configuration below
4 Clustered Tomcat +  Radware AppDirector as Load balancer.

The problem was when accessing the page produced by tomcat using IE6 by
first hitting to the load balancer,
intermittently we got a blank page, but not so if using FireFox.

Upon direct access to the tomcat server, hence bypassing the load balancer,
using IE6,
no  blank page ever occured. And using Firefox was fine too.

Can somebody explain what happened and give me some clue to resolve this
issue.

I've read about this issue in other situation, e.g: with the apache server
http://www.modwest.com/help/kb2-260.html

But I don't know how to apply it in Tomcat environment or to verify whether
they refer to the same issue.

Thanks in advance

best regards,Dyan

Re: Tomcat, Radware AppDirector,IE6 Blank Page

Posted by Dhanisworo Dhanisworo <dd...@gmail.com>.
The strange thing about is when the web app was accessed directly there
seemed to be no problem at all.
Yet when accessed though the load balancer, intermittently the problem
occurred.
The IE itself didn't hang because I can close it normally, but it seemed
like it waited for something that never came.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.