Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Andreas Sewe <se...@cqse.eu> on 2019/12/19 10:47:54 UTC

How to determine ProjectCustomizer.Registration.projectType of project

Hi,

I want to find out the @ProjectCustomizer.Registration.projectType
(something like "org-netbeans-modules-maven") of an existing project in
my IDE, which seems to be missed by my own @Registrations. But I have no
idea what projectType ID I need to register my customizer for.

The Properties explorer doesn't help here (as it does in so many other
places in NetBeans), so I am at a bit of a loss how to figure out the
projectType ID so that my plug-in matches this type of project as well.

Alternatively, does there exist something akin to "folder/any"  for
project types? Having to manually list all elements of an infinite set
seems ... not the best idea.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Dr. Andreas Sewe | sewe@cqse.eu | +49 152 56342856
CQSE GmbH | Centa-Hafenbraedl-Strasse 59 | 81249 Muenchen | www.cqse.eu

Re: How to determine ProjectCustomizer.Registration.projectType of project

Posted by Boris Heithecker <bo...@gmx.net>.
Hi Andreas,
as far as I know, project types are are registered by their type names in
the layer file system. To see a list of (what seems to me all) available
project types, I went to a module that has a layer.xml and clicked to
expand the node in the explorer view. You get a view of the whole layer fs
if you open "this layer in context. There, simply expand the "Projects"
node.
Hope it helps,
Boris

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 at 11:47, Andreas Sewe <se...@cqse.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to find out the @ProjectCustomizer.Registration.projectType
> (something like "org-netbeans-modules-maven") of an existing project in
> my IDE, which seems to be missed by my own @Registrations. But I have no
> idea what projectType ID I need to register my customizer for.
>
> The Properties explorer doesn't help here (as it does in so many other
> places in NetBeans), so I am at a bit of a loss how to figure out the
> projectType ID so that my plug-in matches this type of project as well.
>
> Alternatively, does there exist something akin to "folder/any"  for
> project types? Having to manually list all elements of an infinite set
> seems ... not the best idea.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> Dr. Andreas Sewe | sewe@cqse.eu | +49 152 56342856
> CQSE GmbH | Centa-Hafenbraedl-Strasse 59 | 81249 Muenchen | www.cqse.eu
> Amtsgericht Muenchen | HRB 177678 | GF: F. Deissenboeck, M. Feilkas

--
Boris Heithecker

Dr. Boris Heithecker
Lüneburger Str. 30