Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2006/04/21 22:09:41 UTC

Copyrights in /repos/asf/httpd/

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Copyright dates on 1.3/2.0/2.2 forthcoming releases?
>
> AFAICT, sources are -all- still copyright 2005.  That's not right.
>
> Even if we determine we'll -quit- updating the copyrights until they
> are modified, we need to update them when we modify them.

This was the exact quote of my entire first-post on the topic.

Can we concur that we are asserting no new copyrights on 1.3 because there
is no further new authorship going into this branch?  (Only corrections, as
one would find between the first and second printing of a book?)

Can we concur that we are asserting no new copyrights on 2.0 because there
is no further new authorship going into this branch?

Can we concur that we are asserting no new copyrights on 2.2 because there
is no further new authorship going into this branch?

Leaving all prior copyrights (prior to this week) intact, that leaves us only
the question of trunk/ which we will have to determine, when 2.4 is released,
if this is a significantly new work.