Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Muffett <ma...@muffett.net> on 2001/09/11 18:08:33 UTC

JDBC Realms 3.3 or maybe 4.0

I have been using JDBC Realms (with v3.3) with success for some months.  I
have come to a point where I need to add some new features (expiry dates
mainly).  I expect I can hack the code to do it, but is there any
documentation on how best to proceed with this? (since I'd prefer my hack to
be portable from 3.3 to the next 3.x version).  I don't suppose it's of
sufficient interest to try to incorporate within Tomcat proper, but if
anyone else is working on similar extensions I'd be happy to share code.

Mark Muffett

Re: JDBC Realms 3.3 or maybe 4.0

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu>.
You might want to have a look at JNDIRealm in Tomcat 4. If you're also
running a LDAP or NIS server, you might be able to tie into that. For
example, I'm pretty sure iPlanet Directory Server has account expirations.
It depends on what you already have to some extent. I figured that I would
mention it though, since you might not have known about it. It's a
relatively new feature and was just documented.

Jon