Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org> on 2005/10/13 15:13:14 UTC

HTML::Parser version increase?

So when/why did the 3.24 to 3.43 requirement change happen?

----- Forwarded message from Cron Daemon <ro...@eclectic.kluge.net> -----

[Updating /home/corpus/SA/spamassassin-corpora]
[Removing old Bayes DB]
[Running mass-check '--progress -n' in /home/felicity/SA/corpus]
[Using '-90 days' for --after setting]
HTML::Parser version 3.43 required--this is only version 3.35 at /home/corpus/SA/spamassassin-corpora/masses/../lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/HTML.pm line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/corpus/SA/spamassassin-corpora/masses/../lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/HTML.pm line 25.
[...]

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"The smart thing to do is not always the right thing to do. If you do

Re: HTML::Parser version increase?

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
John Gardiner Myers wrote:

> By the way, could someone look into why the commits list isn't getting
> messages from SVN anymore?

The first time you commit the messages have to be moderated through.
Once that is done they should flow as normal from now on.

Michael

Re: HTML::Parser version increase?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 08:02:38AM -0700, John Gardiner Myers wrote:
> Raising the HTML::Parser requirement was mentioned on the dev list
> around 8/20 in the thread "Preliminary design proposal for charset
> normalization support in SpamAssassin".

Ok.  For things that will break things like the nightly and weekly checks,
it'd be good to put out an obvious announcement on dev (for now) ahead
of time so that people can deal with the issue before they find their
runs just dying.

Which brings up another issue which I'll post separately.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting." - Unknown

Re: HTML::Parser version increase?

Posted by John Gardiner Myers <jg...@proofpoint.com>.
The HTML::Parser requirement changed yesterday with my checkin for bug
4596.  HTML::Parser versions prior to 3.43 have serious bugs dealing
with Unicode HTML entities and/or Perl's Unicode support.