Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2021/03/01 12:17:51 UTC

Re: Problem entering debug mode with Eclipse

Hi Juerg,

I thought I replied on a similar email you sent to dev@sling, but I
can't find it anymore ... Anyway, reply below

On Fri, 2021-02-26 at 11:00 +0100, JCR wrote:
> > I run Eclipse 2020-03 and Sling 11. When trying to start the server
> > in
> > debug mode in Eclipse, I get more often than not a 404 and Eclipse
> > wouldn't connect:
> >
> >   > org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException: Got status code 404
> > for call to
> > http://localhost:8080/system/sling/tooling/sourceReferences.json
> >
> > Checking the repo, there is really nothing there at that location
> > (not
> > surprising). But strange enough, it sometimes connects in debug mode
> > despite this missing entry, so I really wonder...
> >
> > What is missing there and how can it be fixed?

The IDE tooling is supposed to automatically install the 'Tooling
Support Source' bundle for this functionality to work. Can you try
manually downloading it from

  https://sling.apache.org/downloads.cgi

and installing it in your Sling instance?

Thanks,
Robert