Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ian Springer <ia...@jboss.com> on 2006/05/24 19:18:05 UTC

[M2] not being able to connect to secondary repo causes build to fail

In addition to the central repo, I have an internal repo configured.
This repo is on a VPN. When I am not connected to this VPN and I run
mvn, if there are any deps that are not already in my local repo, the
build fails as follows:

Downloading:
http://jbonqa04.staging.atl.jboss.com/jon/maven2/javax/servlet/jstl
/1.0.6/jstl-1.0.6.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: javax.servlet:jstl

Reason: Error getting POM for 'javax.servlet:jstl' from the repository:
Error tr
ansferring file
  javax.servlet:jstl:pom:1.0.6

from the specified remote repositories:
  internal (http://jbonqa04.staging.atl.jboss.com/jon/maven2)

When I run with -e, I can see that the root cause is
"java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect", because it
cannot connect to the internal repo. However, all of the missing deps
are available from the central repo, so I don't see why not being able
to reach the internal repo should cause the build to fail. I'm fairly
sure Maven1 did not fail in this situation. Note, none of the missing
deps are SNAPSHOTs.

When I connect to the VPN, and rerun mvn, it pulls down all of the
missing deps from the central repo, and the build is successful.

Ian