Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by "Radcliffe, Mark" <Ma...@us.dlapiper.com> on 2023/05/17 21:33:37 UTC

[401] Not Authorized - help with: Trying to access whimsy.apache.org/board/agenda/ but no luck. Any suggestions?

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message. To contact us directly, send to postmaster@dlapiper.com. Thank you.

Re: [401] Not Authorized - help with: Trying to access whimsy.apache.org/board/agenda/ but no luck. Any suggestions?

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
sebb wrote on 5/17/23 6:01 PM:
> You can check your permissions here:
>
> https://whimsy.apache.org/committers/testauth.cgi
>
> What does this show?
>
> I notice that your email address (as used in this post) is not listed
> on your LDAP record.
> If you visit https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/__self__ it
> can be added by double-clicking on the "Email addresses (alt)' field.
>
> AFAIK this won't affect access to the Agenda, but it will allow you to
> post to most ASF mailing lists without needing to subscribe or be
> moderated.

Also: nearly all Apache tools use your Apache ID and password for access
(i.e. not your DLAPiper email), so if you need assistance with checking
your ID/password, that's done here:

   https://id.apache.org/

- Shane
   Whimsy PMC
   The Apache Software Foundation

Re: [401] Not Authorized - help with: Trying to access whimsy.apache.org/board/agenda/ but no luck. Any suggestions?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
You can check your permissions here:

https://whimsy.apache.org/committers/testauth.cgi

What does this show?

I notice that your email address (as used in this post) is not listed
on your LDAP record.
If you visit https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/__self__ it
can be added by double-clicking on the "Email addresses (alt)' field.

AFAIK this won't affect access to the Agenda, but it will allow you to
post to most ASF mailing lists without needing to subscribe or be
moderated.

Sebb