Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2012/12/16 15:14:59 UTC

contributing to our new web page

Hi folks!

Just in case you did not yet see how to work with our new CMS I have a small getting-started guide for you.

The first thing you need to do is to create a bookmark titled 'ASF CMS edit'  with the following content:

javascript:void(location.href='https://cms.apache.org/redirect?uri='+escape(location.href))

For fixing/extending existing pages it's enough to just navigate to the respective page and click on the 'ASF CMS edit' bookmark you just created. An edit page will automatically open and you can then update/edit/commit the changes. We use markdown [2] with a few extensions for our content.

There is a 'staging' area to preview changes before publishing them to the public pages. This is available at

http://openwebbeans.staging.apache.org/

or just click on the 'Staged' link in your CMS edit page.
You can switch the changes live by pressing the 'publish' link.

All the pages will land up in our SVN repo. You can just check it out via

> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/cms-site

and add new pages there. After that you can 'update' your visual staging area via the CMS edit page again.

More information is available in the official documentation [1]

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheCms2010

[2] http://www.simpleeditions.com/59001/markdown-an-introduction