Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by eb...@ca.ibm.com on 2001/07/19 22:04:00 UTC

RE: SOAP with WAS ( Was: Fix for NoSuchMethodError )

I suspect that WAS servlet-runner "messed up" my classpath as well, I have
a hard time to sort it out when I enable my stateless SB with WS SOAP
support.  The WS EJB_Adder sample works fine and my SB works fine by
itself, but as soon as I
enable my .ear file for SOAP, which adds soap.war to the application in WS
4.0 AE, not only I can not get SOAP
client to execute, but also, my SB stop working with the same problem as
the SOAP client.  The things that fail are on the server when SB method
executes.

I tried to put my deployed jar file into the %WAS_HOME%\lib\ext directory,
then the EJB client works, but SOAP client fails with another
error now on the client stub when creating SB.

I executed  cp.jsp:
java.class.path=C\:/WebSphere/AppServer\\lib\\bootstrap.jar;C\:/WebSphere/AppServer\\properties
- WAS has its own class loader hierarchy.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Ella Belisario

Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com> on 07/19/2001 02:25:47 PM

Please respond to soap-user@xml.apache.org

To:   soap-user@xml.apache.org
cc:   "'soap-user@xml.apache.org'" <so...@xml.apache.org>
Subject:  RE: Fix for NoSuchMethodError (Was Re: Urgent)

At 01:41 PM 7/19/2001 -0400, Bahal, Sanjay wrote:
>I got that. I had to put it in soap/webapps/soap rather than soap/webapps.
>I get the classpath:
>java.class.path=c\:\\tomcat\\classes;c\:\\tomcat\\lib\\ant.jar;c\:
\\tomcat\\
>lib\\jasper.jar;c\:\\tomcat\\lib\\jaxp.jar;c\:
\\tomcat\\lib\\parser.jar;c\:\
>\tomcat\\lib\\servlet.jar;c\:\\tomcat\\lib\\webserver.jar;.;c\:
\\xerces\\xer
>ces.jar; .... ..... .....
>I can see all the jar files in the classpath. So what next.

next you look at them, in the order that they're put in, and you see that
C:\tomcat\lib\parser.jar comes in on the second line, and xerces is down a
line later. So the classpath as constructed by tomcat is a badbadbadwicked
nasty rotten classpath; probably you didn't yet change tomcat.bat the way
the
SOAP docs say to, in your downloaded soap-2_2\docs\install\tomcat.html :

>. Even if you put Xerces 1.1.2's xerces.jar in your classpath, the wrong
>interfaces are found by any Java code running in Tomcat because the shell
>script / batch file that runs Tomcat puts the user's classpath at the end.

>So, you must edit tomcat.sh or tomcat.bat in the bin/ directory and put
>xerces.jar at the BEGINNING of the classpath the script builds.
and it tells you what lines to look for in the script and how to change
them. The point is that the classpath you constructed is not the classpath
used by Tomcat; a servlet-runner has to do some classpath-munging, and
each of them (Tomcat, websphere, JRun, etc etc) messes up the classpath
in its own individual way... hope this helps.

Tom Myers