Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Larry Nedry <sp...@bluestreak.net> on 2008/02/11 19:12:14 UTC

Re: test my auto-generated ruleset

I've been using Justin Mason's auto-generated rule set since mid October
and am fairly happy with it.  Up until Jan 11, false positives averaged
about 10% of the hits and I can live with that.

I noticed a surprising change on Jan 11, 2008.  Before that day many of the
hits were on low scoring (< 20) spam which was very helpful.  And I would
see many of these every day.  Since Jan 10 I've only seen 4 messages that
hit on low scoring spam and the rest on very high scoring spam.  I don't
get anymore FPs but as the spam scores for these messages are already
through the roof, at the moment, the usefulness of the current rule sets
have diminished.  Though I assume the methods for creating the rules are
still under development and am looking forward to more improvements.

Was there a big change in the way rules were created around that time period?

Thanks for the great work!

Nedry