Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jarmo Doc <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2006/11/17 16:38:28 UTC

Recommended script-driven or GUI tester?

I'd like to test an Axis web service, doing both ad hoc testing (ideally
using a GUI) and doing larger-scale script-based testing.

The Eclipse WSUnit plug-in allows me to do ad hoc testing but it does not
appear to support cookies -- my application uses cookies for session
management but WSUnit does not capture and present the cookies.  So WSUnit
seems to only work for non-session based tests such as the classic stock
quote service.

So, I'm looking for recommended tools that can also manage cookies.

Thanks.

RE: Recommended script-driven or GUI tester?

Posted by Jarmo Doc <ja...@hotmail.com>.
I have just found soapui at http://www.soapui.org/.  It seems to be able to
do both types of testing and initially looks very, very good.