Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christopher L Merrill <ch...@webperformanceinc.com> on 2004/10/28 22:43:02 UTC

[MEP] How to build the mevenide-ui-eclipse plugin?

I'm trying to use Maven to build Eclipse plugins.  Directed here from
the Maven list, I find MEP - which looks like it must do what I need,
since it would be used to build the Mevenide plugin for Eclipse.

I was having difficulty figuring out how to use it, so I figured if
I could download the mevenide-ui-eclipse source from CVS and build it
using Maven/MEP, I could figure out most of what I needed from there.

Great, except it needs the other Mevenide dependencies...which it
cannot find.  Is there a repository that I should add to my Maven
config for these dependencies?

So anyway, I grab the big Mevenide zip and pull out the libs I need
and pop them into my repository manually.  So I'm ok on the Mevenide
dependencies...but the Eclipse jars are not found either.  So I start
copying them from my Eclipse folders and renaming them to match the
Maven naming convention.  But then find that I don't have some of
the Eclipse plugins that are needed.  rats.

Ok - so what am I missing?  Can this stuff only be built on the
mevenide site?  Where can I get these strangely-named Eclipse
JARs?

TIA,

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software