Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/25 16:08:28 UTC

change-log plugin fails with java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:cvs repository connection string doesn't contain six tokens

The changelog-maven-plugin is failing with a message saying :

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] cvs repository connection string doesn't contain six tokens
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cvs repository connection string doesn't
con
tain six tokens
        at org.apache.maven.util.RepositoryUtils.splitSCMConnection
(RepositoryUt
ils.java:91)
        at org.apache.maven.cvslib.CvsChangeLogGenerator.getScmLogCommand
(CvsCha
ngeLogGenerator.java:123)
        at org.apache.maven.cvslib.CvsChangeLogGenerator.getEntries
(CvsChangeLog
Generator.java:94)
        at org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLog.generateSets(ChangeLog.java
:430)

        at org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLog.doExecute(ChangeLog.java
:369)
        at org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport.getChangeLog
(ChangeLogRepo

The working connection string I'm using is
 <scm>
    <connection>
       scm:cvs:pserver:mutonj:mutonj@165.148.216.14:/var/lib/cvsroot:dev
    </connection>
<developerConnection>
     scm:cvs:pserver:mutonj:mutonj@165.148.216.14:/var/lib/cvsroot:dev
</developerConnection>
</scm>

--

Jeff  Mutonho

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

Re: change-log plugin fails with java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:cvs repository connection string doesn't contain six tokens

Posted by Denis Cabasson <de...@insee.fr>.

Jeff Mutonho wrote:

> On 7/25/06, Denis Cabasson <de...@insee.fr> wrote:
>>

>> Jeff Mutonho wrote:
>> >
>> > The changelog-maven-plugin is failing with a message saying :
>> >

>> Have you tried using the maven-changelog-plugin instead? I think the
>> former
>> codehaus project has been moved to maven itself.
>> Maven-changelog-plugin may fix your problem (you'll have to use a maven
>> snapshot repository).
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> Denis.
>> --
>>

> Thanx Denis.This is what I have in my pom.xml
>      <plugin>
>          <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>          <artifactId>maven-changelog-plugin</artifactId>
>       </plugin>
>
> (after looking at
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changelog-plugin/howto.html)
>
> However , I still get this :
>
> [INFO] Velocity successfully started.
> [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changelog-plugin: checking
> for up
> dates from central
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changelog-plugin' does
> not
> exi
> st or no valid version could be found
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 9 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Tue Jul 25 16:57:52 CAT 2006
> [INFO] Final Memory: 16M/1016M
> [INFO]
>

> Jeff  Mutonho
>
> GoogleTalk : ejbengine
> Skype        : ejbengine
> Registered Linux user number 366042

the maven-changelog-plugin hasn't been released to central yet.

You have to use snapshot repositories, as described here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html

Denis.

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/change-log-plugin-fails-with-java.lang.IllegalArgumentException%3Acvs-repository-connection-string-doesn%27t-contain-six-tokens-tf1998473.html#a5487226

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Cabasson <de...@insee.fr>.

View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/change-log-plugin-fails-with-java.lang.IllegalArgumentException%3Acvs-repository-connection-string-doesn%27t-contain-six-tokens-tf1998473.html#a5486549