Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/12/09 15:01:31 UTC

why geoIdTo in ShipmentCostEstimate

Hello all,
          I am not getting purpose of geoIdFrom and geoIdTo in ShipmentCostEstimate entity.What I guess is it simply specifies source and destination for shipment.If this is the case then how will we handle the case if shipment is in part.I mean if I want to ship data from warehouse to customer's home.In this case geoIdFrom=warehouse and  geoIdTo=customer's home.But what if there are two or three terminals in between.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Divesh Dutta

Re: why geoIdTo in ShipmentCostEstimate

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Ah David !

You are amazing, I really missed the route segment concept. It can handle the problem of Divesh.

Thank you very much.

--
Regards
Sumit Pandit

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Vivek Mishra <vi...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Divesh,

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Divesh,

Regarding to your case, I am not sure that this functionality already exist in OFBiz or not.
But the logic should be like that :

For example track from source to destination is like :
Source (S) --> Terminal1(t1) --> Terminal2(t2) --> Terminal3(t3) --> Destination(D)

Now for such case we can calculate the shipment cost of each break point and then collectively get the cost of S to D.

Total cost(shipment) = cost(S to t1) + cost (t1 to t2) + cost (t2 to t3) + cost (t3 to D).

I think it would work, Also I will really appreciate that if any from dev provide better option to solve this problem.

Thanks And Regards
Sumit Pandit.