Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gaël Lams <la...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/10 08:51:30 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Installing Nagios On Apache 2.0.54

Hi,

>  (13)Permission denied: exec of '/etc/nagios/sbin/status.cgi' failed, referer: http://217.37.64.81/nagios/side.html
> [Thu Mar 09 14:55:01 2006] [error] end of script headers: status.cgi, referer: http://217.37.64.81/nagios/side.html

Something that has nothing to do with your problem: /etc/ is probably
not the best place to install cgi in. You should place in /etc/ only
configuration files, and put nagios for instance in /usr/local

> When I run the script from the command line it works.
>
> I have used SUEXECGROUP but it did not seam to resolve the issues.
>
> I believe it is an issues with Apache. Can someone point me in the right direction to > getting this resolved?

Maybe a stupid question but did you verify that your cgi scripts have
executable file permissions?

Regards,

Gaël