Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by PRANAV SHRINIVAS PALANDE <f2...@goa.bits-pilani.ac.in> on 2018/08/24 15:21:12 UTC

How to query a Parquet File through Apache Parquet-Mr Java

Hi, I am Pranav. I am currently using Apache Parquet-Mr(Java) in order to
handle Parquet files. I am interested in writing a query on a Parquet file
of the form SELECT X FROM TABLE1 WHERE Y>1 natively(without using something
like Apache Drill). I am able to filter records according to my
condition(using withFilter function) and take a column projection(using
setRequestedProjection function). But when I try to use them together, it
doesn’t work. Can you guide me for the same? There is no exception. It just
shows no records. My parquet file is here
<http://drive.google.com/open?id=1WrhvV8f4yxpF9ShRmsL_s9VeM6D109jC>. My
java code is here
<http://drive.google.com/open?id=1VVClTuuWa5jB2mA8Obq0hYzaHI7WjA25>.