Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Thomas Baier <th...@gmx.net> on 2009/12/28 22:33:36 UTC

Standalone Web Service

Hi,

is there a (simple and easy) way to create a single self-contained
executable including both the web server and the web service (and all
necessary configuration)?

The idea is not to use axis2_http_server and a shared library for the
web service and a few configuration files, but to have single executable
for all of them.

Best,
Thomas

Re: Standalone Web Service

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
Currently, this is not supported. When loading modules and services, axis2
uses the same function axis2_get_instance which is implemented by all
modules and services. Therefore an static linking will fail for the moment.
However, we have it on the project road map to implement static linking
support.

Regards
Nandika

--
http://nandikajayawardana.blogspot.com/
WSO2 Inc: http://www.wso2.com

Re: Standalone Web Service

Posted by Thomas Baier <th...@gmx.net>.

Re: Standalone Web Service

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Thomas Baier <th...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Samisa,
>
> any ideas or hints on how to do this?

If the default binary pack like solution is acceptable, then the build
scripts does that for you.

Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe