Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alex Objelean <al...@isdc.ro> on 2007/12/17 11:00:13 UTC

Wicket 1.3.0-rc2 and WebSphere 5.1 Http status 302

I am writing an web application that uses Wicket 1.3.0-rc2 and it should run
on WebSphere 5.1.

In web.xml I am using the WicketFilter mapped with the URL pattern /admin/*

I install the application in WebSphere 5.1 and when I access the home page
it works.

The URL that I am using is like: http://host/application/admin.

When I click on a link the browser makes the request to :
http://host/application/admin/?<something> and server responds with the
status 302 with the location: http://host/application/?<something>, it
removes the admin.

The application works fine in Tomcat, JBoss (4.2.2 and 3.2.6) and in
WebSphere 6.1

As a solution I've configured the WicketServlet in web.xml and now it works
also on WebSphere 5.1

Did anybody encountered the same problem with WicketFilter and WebSphere
5.1?

Is there any advantage with using the WicketFilter instead of using the
WicketServlet?

Re: Wicket 1.3.0-rc2 and WebSphere 5.1 Http status 302

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
search the list for websphere...
Martijn

On Dec 17, 2007 11:00 AM, Alex Objelean <al...@isdc.ro> wrote:

> I am writing an web application that uses Wicket 1.3.0-rc2 and it should
> run
> on WebSphere 5.1.
>
> In web.xml I am using the WicketFilter mapped with the URL pattern
> /admin/*
>
> I install the application in WebSphere 5.1 and when I access the home page
> it works.
>
> The URL that I am using is like: http://host/application/admin.
>
> When I click on a link the browser makes the request to :
> http://host/application/admin/?<something> and server responds with the
> status 302 with the location: http://host/application/?<something>, it
> removes the admin.
>
> The application works fine in Tomcat, JBoss (4.2.2 and 3.2.6) and in
> WebSphere 6.1
>
> As a solution I've configured the WicketServlet in web.xml and now it
> works
> also on WebSphere 5.1
>
> Did anybody encountered the same problem with WicketFilter and WebSphere
> 5.1?
>
> Is there any advantage with using the WicketFilter instead of using the
> WicketServlet?

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-rc2 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-rc1/