Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> on 2012/11/07 18:09:54 UTC

Cordova documentation

Why is the Apache Cordova documentation hosted on phonegap.com?

Ross

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
OpenDirective
http://opendirective.com

RE: Cordova documentation

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.

Cordova
> site. Come to think of it--we still need to move from incubator subdomain
> too.

OK. I won't look at trademark issues in detail for now.

> What is the past convention here for downstream distributions?

Documentation is under the same license as the code so the rules for reuse
are the same.

>From a community perspective it is in the projects best interests to ensure
that it is seen as the canonical source of information about Apache Cordova.
That is pretty hard to do if the documentation is only available on a
non-ASF domain.

>From a trademark perspective all uses of our marks need to conform to the
trademark policy [1] (FAQ at [2]). Note specifically the area on attribution
which is the area I think the PhoneGap site is most likely to fall foul of
(happily this is likely easy to rectify).

Ross

[1] http://apache.org/foundation/marks/
[2] http://apache.org/foundation/marks/faq

Re: Cordova documentation