Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2004/05/18 11:13:03 UTC

IE does not reload updated javascript

Hi Cocoon community,

I'm using a javascript tree widget which is embedded
in a page (<script src="..."/>).

When a node is moved in the tree and a redirect to the
original page is invoked, the javascript is not reloaded
in IE 6.0. It works fine with Mozilla, and it works in IE
when I turn off the browser cache.

Does anyone know how to get IE to check the javascript
for changes on every page visit?

Thanks in advance!
-- Andreas

Re: IE does not reload updated javascript

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Johannes Textor wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> I guess you can enforce script reloading by appending a random
> get parameter to the script URL, i.e.
> <script src="myscript.js?p={timestamp}"/>
> or something like that. (I know that's ugly brute force ...)

Thanks!

But I noticed that the actual problem was that IE cached the
whole HTML page. I'm currently experimenting with the
Cache-Control header, it looks promising.

Posted by Johannes Textor <jc...@gmx.de>.
Hi Andreas,

I guess you can enforce script reloading by appending a random
get parameter to the script URL, i.e.
<script src="myscript.js?p={timestamp}"/>
or something like that. (I know that's ugly brute force ...)

HTH, Johannes