Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Amlan Sengupta <Am...@eng.sun.com> on 2002/04/11 03:05:55 UTC

Xindice env problem.

Hey Guys,

I am using Solaris with jdk1.3.1_02 trying to use XINDICE1.0 from
Apache.

I have an Ant script which brings up the database.

  <!-- Starting XINDICE Database -->
  <target name="startdb">
    <java classname="org.apache.xindice.server.Xindice"
        classpathref="xindice.classpath"
        dir="${xindice.home}"
        maxmemory="168m"
        fork="yes">
    <jvmarg value="-Djava.endorsed.dirs=${java.endorsed.dirs}"/>
    <jvmarg value="-Xms16m"/>
    <jvmarg value="-Dxindice.home=${xindice.home}"/>
    <jvmarg value="-D${sax.parser}=${saxparser.impl}"/>
    <jvmarg value="-D${doc.build}=${docbuld.impl}"/>
    </java>
  </target>

When I make an http request through the browser to http://localhost:4080
I get a Bad request response.

This seems to get resolved when I use a full path for xindice.home instead
of a relative path.

Does any one have some thoughts on what might be the issue. I have gotten
the ant script to work fine in the pre apache versions. For some reason
1.0 does not want to work through ant.

We need to use ant to avoid scripts which ar platform / os dependent.

Thanks for any advise / thoughts.

Amlan

"Changing lives, one mile at a time"
http://www.tntmtb.org/