Posted to rpc-user@xml.apache.org by Tom Kanarski <tk...@kamico.com> on 2002/03/20 15:28:31 UTC

Sessions using XmlRpcServer

I need to handle multiple users using session information to maintain
objects specific to the user.  I thought about using a web server and
attached app server, but that's overkill for my application.  The app is a
variant on client-server apps using XML-RPC.

I can extend XmlRpcServer and then delegate session handling to some Session
class.  The subclass could then override the execute() methods.  Adding a
public method setHandlers() to XmlRpcServer would allow the subclass to
dynamically swap the handlers (Hashtable).

I was hoping to find a way that did not require modification to
XmlRpcServer.  Do you know of any solutions I could look at?

Thanks
Tom Kanarski
tkanarski@kamico.com