Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io> on 2017/07/17 16:01:07 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Geode 1.2.0

The Apache Geode community is pleased to announce the availability of
Apache Geode 1.2.0.

Apache Geode is a data management platform that provides a
database-like consistency model, reliable transaction processing and a
shared-nothing architecture to maintain very low latency performance
with high concurrency processing.

Geode 1.2.0 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes.  This
release includes redundant, in-memory Apache Lucene indexes of data
stored in Geode to enable full-text searching.  Users are encouraged
to upgrade to the latest release.

For the full list of changes please review the release notes:
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-1.2.0

The release artifacts can be downloaded from the project website:
    http://geode.apache.org/releases/

The release documentation is available at:
    http://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/about_geode.html

We would like to thank all the contributors that made the release possible.

Regards,
Anthony Baker on behalf of the Apache Geode team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Geode 1.2.0

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Amit-

*Spring Data Geode* *2.0* will support *Apache Geode* *1.2.0*.

*Spring Data Geode* is becoming a top-level module in the SD portfolio
[1].  As such, it will be joining the SD Release Train as of *Kay*.

Basing SDG 2.0 on Geode 1.2.0 and adding it to the SD Release Train
required a release of Geode 1.2.0.  Now that Geode 1.2.0 is available, we
will be moving forward with SDG 2.0 in SD Release Train *Kay*.  In fact, we
have a scheduled RC1 release this Wednesday, 7/19,

Final GA for SDG 2.0 is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, 8/2.

Thanks,
-j

[1] http://projects.spring.io/spring-data/

--