Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/24 22:08:08 UTC

Cron has been receiving this for months apparently.

Hi list,

Cron has been receiving this for months apparently.

/etc/cron.daily/spamassassin:
error: unable to refresh mirrors file for channel updates.spamassassin.org,
using old file
channel: could not find working mirror, channel failed
sa-update failed for unknown reasons

How do I sort this please?

TIA

John

Re: Cron has been receiving this for months apparently.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
On 9/24/2018 6:08 PM, John wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Cron has been receiving this for months apparently.
>
> /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin:
> error: unable to refresh mirrors file for
> channel updates.spamassassin.org <http://updates.spamassassin.org/>,
> using old file
> channel: could not find working mirror, channel failed
> sa-update failed for unknown reasons
>
> How do I sort this please?
Run sa-update -D and see if that has anything more useful in it.

Check if you have wget and/or curl.

There were old versions of curl that could not fetched the MIRRORED.BY
file on https.  We exempted it a few days ago since we didn't consider
it a risk.

Regards,
KAM

--
Kevin A. McGrail
VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation