Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/13 10:19:15 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Abdera 1.1.3 RC1

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Andreas Veithen
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In previous releases there were issues with the OSGi integration, such
> as ABDERA-281. Apparently, this pushed ServiceMix to repackage Abdera
> and to provide their own custom bundle(s). They did that in an
> incorrect way and were then forced to repackage Axiom as well. That
> really pisses me off because their "rogue" Axiom bundle violates some
> basic design principles behind Axiom; see SMX4-877. Shouldn't we take
> the time to add a minimal test case to Abdera to ensure the quality of
> the OSGi bundles, so that we don't give any excuse to ServiceMix to
> produce custom bundles?
>
> I recently overhauled the Axiom OSGi tests (using Pax Exam) and I'm
> ready to set up a test module for Abdera, but I need somebody who
> volunteers to write some test code (that executes some basic Abdera
> features to check that the bundles work).
>
> Andreas
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:35, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The user from ABDERA-290 was asking to get the fix out in a release so
>> i've spun a 1.1.3 release for that and all the other trunk changes
>> since 1.1.2, which includes quite a lot of fixes that Christine has
>> got done. So please review and vote on the Abdera 1.1.3 release
>> artifacts. Going straight to a vote rather than a review first but if
>> there are any changes or updates anyone wants just say and we can
>> respin an RC2 for those.
>>
>> See the CHANGES file for a list of whats been updated in this release:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/abdera/java/tags/abdera-1.1.3-RC1/CHANGES
>>
>> The binary and source distributions are available at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~antelder/abdera/1.1.3-RC1/
>>
>> The Maven artifacts are at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~antelder/abdera/1.1.3-RC1/maven
>>
>> The SVN tag for the release is at:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/abdera/java/tags/abdera-1.1.3-RC1/
>>
>> +1 from me.
>>
>>  ...ant

Andreas, I have some more time now and that sounds really useful and
'd be happy to help you do this.

I would still like to get this 1.1.3 release out too though if
possible as there was a user waiting for a released fix, happy to do a
1.1.4 quickly too once we get the OSGi tests done.

So, anyone have another +1 vote on this 1.1.3 so I could release it?

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Abdera 1.1.3 RC1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 9:19 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Andreas Veithen
> <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In previous releases there were issues with the OSGi integration, such
>> as ABDERA-281. Apparently, this pushed ServiceMix to repackage Abdera
>> and to provide their own custom bundle(s). They did that in an
>> incorrect way and were then forced to repackage Axiom as well. That
>> really pisses me off because their "rogue" Axiom bundle violates some
>> basic design principles behind Axiom; see SMX4-877. Shouldn't we take
>> the time to add a minimal test case to Abdera to ensure the quality of
>> the OSGi bundles, so that we don't give any excuse to ServiceMix to
>> produce custom bundles?
>>
>> I recently overhauled the Axiom OSGi tests (using Pax Exam) and I'm
>> ready to set up a test module for Abdera, but I need somebody who
>> volunteers to write some test code (that executes some basic Abdera
>> features to check that the bundles work).
>>
>> Andreas
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:35, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The user from ABDERA-290 was asking to get the fix out in a release so
>>> i've spun a 1.1.3 release for that and all the other trunk changes
>>> since 1.1.2, which includes quite a lot of fixes that Christine has
>>> got done. So please review and vote on the Abdera 1.1.3 release
>>> artifacts. Going straight to a vote rather than a review first but if
>>> there are any changes or updates anyone wants just say and we can
>>> respin an RC2 for those.
>>>
>>> See the CHANGES file for a list of whats been updated in this release:
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/abdera/java/tags/abdera-1.1.3-RC1/CHANGES
>>>
>>> The binary and source distributions are available at:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~antelder/abdera/1.1.3-RC1/
>>>
>>> The Maven artifacts are at:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~antelder/abdera/1.1.3-RC1/maven
>>>
>>> The SVN tag for the release is at:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/abdera/java/tags/abdera-1.1.3-RC1/
>>>
>>> +1 from me.
>>>
>>>  ...ant
>>>

> Andreas, I have some more time now and that sounds really useful and
> 'd be happy to help you do this.
>
> I would still like to get this 1.1.3 release out too though if
> possible as there was a user waiting for a released fix, happy to do a
> 1.1.4 quickly too once we get the OSGi tests done.
>
> So, anyone have another +1 vote on this 1.1.3 so I could release it?
>
>   ...ant

Still need one more +1 to get this released...

   ...ant