Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2006/04/15 09:20:01 UTC

Maven2 plugin for eclipse with cocoon 2.2

Hi:

Maybe I am late and some of you already know the following trick in
maven adventure. Anyhow, I wanted to share a different way to create
cocoon 2.2 project into eclipse. This hint was told me by Carlos Chávez.
I prefer this way because it create just 1 project instead of the tens
of projects created in eclipse by the original description in our
official README.txt [1]. Carlos prefers the maven2 plug in for eclipse
[2]. Before adding this technique to our README.txt I wanted to share it
with you and get some feedback. Here is the step by step installation
procedure:

1. Download and install maven2 plug in for eclipse. Flash demo here [3].
Latest version is 0.5
2. Download and install subeclipse [4] Latest version is 1.0.1
3. Using subeclipse create a project for cocoon 2.2.
4. Remove default src directory: Right click on the cocoon 2.2 project
and run "properties".
    4.a. On the properties dialog Select "Java build path".
    4.b Select "source" tab.
    4.c Select the Cocoon 2.2 src path and remove it.
4. Enable maven2 support: Right click on the cocoon-2.2 project and run
Maven2/enable
5. Create source folders: Right click on the cocoon -2.2 project and run
Maven2/Update source folders

Still there are some problems with this plugin, but allows to see 1
project, wich I found very useful.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/trunk/README.txt?view=markup
[2] http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/
[3]
http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/Installing_Maven_2.0_plugin_for_Eclipse.html
[4] http://subclipse.tigris.org/install.html
[5]

Re: Maven2 plugin for eclipse with cocoon 2.2

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Jorg Heymans escribió:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>

>> Still there are some problems with this plugin, but allows to see 1
>> project, wich I found very useful.
>>

> I didn't try this, but what do you mean by 1 project ? Mounting
> everything like is done in 2.1.x ?

Yep.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Maven2 plugin for eclipse with cocoon 2.2

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Still there are some problems with this plugin, but allows to see 1
> project, wich I found very useful.

I didn't try this, but what do you mean by 1 project ? Mounting
everything like is done in 2.1.x ?

Jorg