Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2005/02/14 19:02:33 UTC

[OT] XML, Scripting Languages (Re: Change Action, ActionForm to use ActionContext?)

>  > I'm convinced that XML is a lousy way to specify things like this.
>
>You might be right... People do try and cram way too much into XML IMHO,
>but I'm not completely convinced yet.  I think I'd like to see a failed
>implementation of the idea before passing judgement.  I share your concern
>to a lesser degree though for certain. :)

Some people consider Jelly a good example of a failed implementation,
although Maven continues to use it.  (I believe a lot of their
dissatisfaction with it is driving Marmalade for Maven 2, although I
don't remember all the details.)  If you go looking on the net,
you'll find diatribes against Jelly.

Joe
--
Joe Germuska