Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gerrit <si...@mweb.co.za> on 2003/03/22 00:57:49 UTC

ActionServlet Unavailable

What would be the typical reasons why I'd get:

HTTP Status 503 - Servlet MyActionServlet is currently unavailable

I have perused my web.xml and struts configuration files till beyond normal
patience barriers, and nothing apparent looks wrong.
I am using Tomcat 4.1.18 and Struts 1.1-RC1.

Gerrit

Re: ActionServlet Unavailable

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 18:57, Gerrit wrote:
> What would be the typical reasons why I'd get:
>
> HTTP Status 503 - Servlet MyActionServlet is currently unavailable
>
> I have perused my web.xml and struts configuration files till beyond normal
> patience barriers, and nothing apparent looks wrong.
> I am using Tomcat 4.1.18 and Struts 1.1-RC1.

You need to check the log files or your console for errors, there are
many reasons that the container might mark it as unavailable.

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist

Re: ActionServlet Unavailable

Posted by ashokd <as...@visualsoft-tech.com>.
Hi,

Some times the server won't load the Custom ActionServlet.
I also faced same problem. Pls restart the server and try once.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashok.D

Posted by Matt Griffin <mg...@nerac.com>.
Check your logs for servlet loading errors.
Matt