Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2017/06/07 02:58:14 UTC

Release: maven-jspc-plugin-2.0.9 ?

Hi,

With the fix of [0] the jspc plugin uses the latest sling jsp scripting backend and supports java 1.8.
Would it be possible to release it?

thanks.
regards, toby

ps: the plugin violates the maven plugin convention, as it starts with "maven-":

---
[INFO] --- maven-plugin-plugin:3.4:helpmojo (help-goal) @ maven-jspc-plugin ---
[ERROR]

Artifact Ids of the format maven-___-plugin are reserved for
plugins in the Group Id org.apache.maven.plugins
Please change your artifactId to the format ___-maven-plugin
In the future this error will break the build.
---

So it probably should be renamed some time soon....
I created an issue [1]

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-6923
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-6940

Re: Release: maven-jspc-plugin-2.0.9 ?

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

> Sure, I think we should release the plugin as 2.1.0.
ok

> I'm also fine with changing the artifact id now to fit the maven rules.
> If people want to use the new version, they have to change their
> dependency and instead of just bumping the version number, it needs a
> change in the artifact id as well.
ok

> What about SLING-6936 ?
it could still be useful, although for my current work, it is not needed anymore :-)
we can defer or close it - but I could also create a patch for the sake of completeness.

regards, toby

Re: Release: maven-jspc-plugin-2.0.9 ?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Sure, I think we should release the plugin as 2.1.0.

I'm also fine with changing the artifact id now to fit the maven rules.
If people want to use the new version, they have to change their
dependency and instead of just bumping the version number, it needs a
change in the artifact id as well.

What about SLING-6936 ?

Regards
Carsten