Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/25 01:02:15 UTC

Solr 4.3: Too late to improve error messages?

Hello,

I am testing 4.3rc3. It looks ok, but I notice that some log messages
could be more informative. For example:
680 [coreLoadExecutor-3-thread-3] WARN
org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema  – schema has no name!

Would be _very nice_ to know which core this is complaining about.
Later, once the core is loaded, the core name shows up in the logs,
but it would be nice to have it earlier without having to
triangulating it through 'Loading core' messages.

Is that too late for 4.3? I know somebody was looking at logging, so
maybe there is a chance.

Regards,
   Alex.

at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)

Re: Solr 4.3: Too late to improve error messages?

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shawn,

I will create a JIRA. I just wasn't sure if there was another RC
afterwards and it could fit in there. Not very familiar with process
yet.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.