Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/06/19 17:58:16 UTC

I fixed a problem in sub-sitemaps

I fixed a problem in the sub-sitemaps where the
sitemap was already compiled in the repository--but
initialized with the wrong component manager.  The
fix I applied is relatively simple, but it has some
profound consequences:

The GeneratorSelector tried to instantiate a CompiledComponent
if it did not exist.  That meant that if there was one
in the repository, it would load that class and try to
use it with the GeneratorSelector's ComponentManager.

This functionality is removed from the GeneratorSelector.
Now, the class in the repository is ignored on the first
request, and (as expected) the ProgramGenerator will create
a new one and explicitly set it with the proper ComponentManager.

The implications of this change are as follows:

1) Initial startup time is longer for every access.

2) If you pregenerate your XSP, then you need to refer to the
   classes explicitly in your sitemap--or they will be regenerated.

3) Sitemaps will always be regenerated on the first request.

4) Changes to sitemap.xsl will not affect the system.