Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Christophe Strobbe <st...@hdm-stuttgart.de> on 2013/02/04 20:27:56 UTC

New QA volunteer - to test IAccessible2

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself: I have been a research in accessibility
since 2001 and I have been involved in the development of three extensions
for OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice, i.e. odt2daisy (which converts ODT to
digital talking books), odt2braille (which converts ODT to Braille or
embosses ODT docs) and AccessODF (an accessibility checker for ODT). Since
the goal of these three extensions is to create more accessible content
for people with disabilities, and since these people should also be able
to use these tools, I take a great interest in the accessibility of OOo
itself. The Java Accessibility API, which OOo uses to expose accessibility
metadata on Windows, is not very well supported by screen readers on
Windows, so I am very interested in helping to test the IAccessible2
implementation as it comes along.
I have added myself to the QA Testing Preferences page at
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/QA+Testing+Preferences>.

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

(I have been using OpenOffice.org since 2003 or 2004 - mostly Writer, Calc
and Impress.)

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

Re: New QA volunteer - to test IAccessible2

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Christophe,

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 08:27:56PM +0100, Christophe Strobbe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to introduce myself: I have been a research in accessibility
> since 2001 and I have been involved in the development of three extensions
> for OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice, i.e. odt2daisy (which converts ODT to
> digital talking books), odt2braille (which converts ODT to Braille or
> embosses ODT docs) and AccessODF (an accessibility checker for ODT). Since
> the goal of these three extensions is to create more accessible content
> for people with disabilities, and since these people should also be able
> to use these tools, I take a great interest in the accessibility of OOo
> itself. The Java Accessibility API, which OOo uses to expose accessibility
> metadata on Windows, is not very well supported by screen readers on
> Windows, so I am very interested in helping to test the IAccessible2
> implementation as it comes along.
> I have added myself to the QA Testing Preferences page at
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/QA+Testing+Preferences>.

You may want to follow this thread on the dev list:
http://markmail.org/thread/blvy5bihp6hsq4ic

AFAIK there is no build yet to test, but sure when the builds are ready
it will be announced in this list.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: New QA volunteer - to test IAccessible2

Posted by Christophe Strobbe <st...@hdm-stuttgart.de>.
Hi Rob,

Thanks. I'm already on the API list and wondering what API changes will
affect the extensions and how ;-)

Christophe

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.