Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org> on 2015/04/13 18:17:59 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Felix framework next version

The Karaf community would like to release another milestone of Karaf 4.0
which includes the new Felix framework based on the Felix resolver.

So a few questions :
  * does anyone object to this release
  * what version should it be, given it's a quite big change, we could go
to 5.0 imho
  * Karl, do you want to cut the release ? I can do it if you don't and if
there's no objection

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Felix framework next version

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
We're trying to reduce the amount of locking in the Service Registry,
see http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40felix.apache.org/msg36025.html

Cheers,

David

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
Ok - I'll run the usual tests and try to get the vote out on Sunday.

regards,

Karl

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guillaume,

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, the resolver needs to be released as well.

Cheers,

David

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
ok, I'll cut the release over the weekend.

regards,

Karl

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Patch applied.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Ok, found it.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
I think we're good to go.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 13.04.15 um 18:17 schrieb Guillaume Nodet:
> The Karaf community would like to release another milestone of Karaf 4.0
> which includes the new Felix framework based on the Felix resolver.
>
> So a few questions :
>   * does anyone object to this release

No objection, but :) David and myself are currently working on improving
the service registry. We're nearly done. So if we could get time until
the end of this week, that would be great.

>   * what version should it be, given it's a quite big change, we could go
> to 5.0 imho

5.0 sounds good to me.

Carsten

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.