Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Bob Rohde <br...@rad.wfubmc.edu> on 1999/07/29 19:37:50 UTC

mod_access/4792: Can't configure clients to allow them to PUT, DELETE

>Number:         4792
>Category:       mod_access
>Synopsis:       Can't configure clients to allow them to PUT, DELETE
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I've only modified the httpd.conf and .htaccess files. In .htaccess, no matter
what settings I give the Limit directive a snoop trace between my client and
appache server produces:
PUT /users/br/roaming/WRITETEST HTTP/1.0
Connection: Keep-Alive
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:04:47 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.6 (Unix)
Allow: GET, HEAD, OPTIONS, TRACE
Connection: close
>How-To-Repeat:
I hope you can reproduce it. A key part of this seems to be Netscape Communicator.
I want to be able to use their "roaming profiles" feature to GET and PUT users
profiles on/from a web server. I've seen problems with Communicator in the past,
publishing html using http instead of ftp never has worked in Communicator. I've
created a folder off docroot, created a htpasswd file, created .htaccess in the
folder off docroot I want profiles to store in, and opened up perms on the folder.
>Fix:
I am out of ideas. This mail is the last act of a desparate man.
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]