Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nanjappa B K <na...@bankofamerica.com> on 2007/07/18 10:47:10 UTC

OutofMemoryError thrown from Axis class

Hi,
I am trying to access a webservice method from a stand alone program. I get
correct results for smaller requests, but when I request for a large dataset
I get OutofMemoryError.
I tried profiling the heap areas of both the client and the server and found
them to be normal.
I guess axis is not able to handle such a large dataset(the xml generated
might be around 8Mb in this case) .

Is there a limit on the message size that can be processed by Axis? Is there
any limitation on the maximum size of a soap message? If true, any idea on
how to increase this limit?
I would highly appreciate any suggestions or pointers regarding this. Thank
You.

Regards,

Nanjappa

Re: OutofMemoryError thrown from Axis class

Posted by Tammy Dugan <td...@regenstrief.org>.
I had the same problem. I had to return large soap xml (100 MB or more).
Take a look at this thread:

[AXIOM] How to serialize axiom document without building objects
<http://marc.info/?t=117394251800063&r=1&w=2>

http://marc.info/?l=axis-user&m=118313995713856&w=2

I was able to stream the xml from a database as well as stream it as it
was being created.

Hope this helps.

Tammy

--
Tammy Dugan
Computer Programmer

Regenstrief Institute, Inc.
Medical Informatics
Health Information and Translational Sciences (HITS) Building
410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Main: 317.423.5500
Fax: 317.423.5695
IU campus mail address: HS, 2000

(317) 423 - 5541

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.