Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/15 21:35:58 UTC

advice on next submit wanted

H,

I want to change the code using getHost() to use
BroadcastDomainType.getValue() for getting the id of the network (vlan
or otherwise). Also I need to change code that uses URI.create(String)
into using BroadcastDomainType.fromString(String) or the generic <T>
BroadcastDomainType.<value>.toUri(T). This happens in 27 files. Some
of the changes I really need for the functionality I am trying to
implement. Others are needed to avoid regression, some may not be
needed.

When I rebased my changes this afternoon, after one day I had four
conflicts. I have been having these conflicts all over the place for a
couple of months now.

So the question is; How can I deliver a stable workable set of diffs
that can be commited and is tested against what it needs to be working
with?

This seems to be impossible without freezing work completely. So the
alternative is submitting what is manually rebased/conflict resolved
and then mob up behind it when error occur.

So as the subject states; can i have advice on how to proceed, please?

I am talking about (phase 2 from CLOUDSTACK-1532)

thanks for any advice on how to proceed,
Daan