Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by gcobb <gc...@midsouth.rr.com> on 2003/01/09 07:16:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Getting CGI to work

If I have read the How-To on making sure the .conf files have the right
things in them, and the cgi module is installed, what else would there
be that would keep me from running cgi scripts from my web server?  I am
pretty new to this and I can't understand why it says I don't have
permission to run a script that's in /var/www/cgi-bin/.  In
commonhttpd.conf the ScriptAlias is defined.  When I go to Linuxconf and
look in there at my domain settings, there is no entry for the
scriptalias field.  Putting one in there brings down httpd.  I looked at
all I know to look at.  Are there some Newbie Style docs somewhere that
will explain step by step things to make sure are set up to get cgi
scripts to run?

When trying to run Squirrelmail I got this:

You don't have permission to access
/cgi-bin/php/squirrelmail-1.4.0-rc1/index.php on this server

And when I tried to run squidGuard.cgi I got this message:

You don't have permission to access /squidGuard.cgi on this server

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Re: [users@httpd] Getting CGI to work

Posted by Remo Mattei <re...@italy1.com>.
Send me the file and I will look at it and tell you where I made the
changes.

REMO