Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Imner, Andreas" <An...@kgk.se> on 2010/03/08 16:09:05 UTC

ivy:install fails when directories does not exists (WebDAV)

Hi

I am using Apache Ivy 2.1.0

When installing an artifact using ivy:install from public repo to a shared local repository (stored on an Apache webserver -server using WebDAV), I get the following error from Apache Ivy

"impossible to install log4j#log4j;1.2.15: java.io.IOException: Access to URL http://infrabuild.infraak.kgk.ad/ivyrepo/log4j/log4j/sources/log4j-1.2.15-sources.jar was refused by the server:
Forbidden"

The error.log in Apache displays the following
... Unable to PUT new contents for /ivyrepo/log4j/log4j/sources/log4j-1.2.15-sources.jar.  [403, #0]
... An error occurred while opening a resource.  [500, #0]

The access.log displays the following
"PUT /ivyrepo/log4j/log4j/sources/log4j-1.2.15-sources.jar HTTP/1.1" 403 254

The problem is (my guess) is that the Apache Ivy -client is not creating the directory structure (using MKCOL) needed before PUT:ing the file? I don't see any MKCOL -requests in the access log and not any PROPFIND or OPTIONS either?

If I create the directory structure (/ivyrepo/log4j/log4j/sources/) manually on the webserver and then try ivy:install again, it works fine!?

A strange thing is that this worked fine just a couple of weeks ago?

Regards,

Andreas Imner
System Developer
Autokatalogen

Re: ivy:install fails when directories does not exists (WebDAV)

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
The url resolver only uses HTTP PUT requests. Maybe you could try to use the vfs-resolver and use the webdav:// protocol?
Cfr. http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/resolver/vfs.html

regards,
Maarten