Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Javier Borkenztain <ja...@fiter.io> on 2020/03/04 12:26:55 UTC

ApacheCon 2020 - aall for proposals Fineract track

Hi Fineracters,

TL;DR:
ApacheCon North America 2020 is being held in New Orleans, Louisiana United
States from September 28 to October 2, 2020. The ApacheCon Organizers have
been gracious enough to allocate Fineract 2 days worth of talks for a
dedicated Fineract Track.
CFP for ApacheCon will close Friday, May 1, 2020, at 8:00 AM
(America/New_York time). You can submit talk proposals for the Fineract
Track: https://apachecon.com/acna2020/cfp

Ed and I will be Fineract track chairs to the ApacheCon 2020, so we need
your help making this event a success and showing Apache that Fineract has
an active community.

We believe this is a unique opportunity to get the community together and
share what we have been doing over the last few years.

As a kick-off, we propose three different themes to help shape the focus
and agenda of the Fineract track.

   - Community
      - Infrastructure & Collaboration
      - Contribution Model
      - Applying the Apache Way
      - Contributions on the different channels (coding, documentation,
      tickets, stories, etc)
      - Roadmap and anti-roadmap
      - User Requirements
      - Governance of the community
      - Product evolution
   - Technical
      - Architecture
      - 1.x vs CN
      - Performance issues
      - Scalability
      - Security
      - Deployment best practices
      - Stability
      - Case studies

   - Business applications
      - Fintech
      - Financial inclusion
      - Broad trends on the industry
      - Case Studies

   - User requirements
      - User Experience & Design
      - Deployment Best Practices
      - Product Design
      - Product development

The Call For Proposal (CFP) will close Friday, May 1, 2020 8:00 AM
(America/New_York time).  You can submit here:
https://apachecon.com/acna2020/cfp

We propose an open meeting to work on the event details if you want to be a
volunteer on the work to be done. Meeting Monday, March 10th, 2020 7 am
GMT.

Please register here:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/vpAvfuGgrTIukrw5uY2FlSysgPJdXLrj7w

On the Mifos Discourse Forum, we've created a dedicated category for
ApacheCon and a number of topics to house the discussion in highly
searchable and friendly to use format for discussion.

You can access this at https://discourse.mifos.org/c/community/apachecon

Thank you, Ed and Javier.

---
[image: Logo] <https://www.fiter.io/>
*Javier Borkenztain* *| CEO*
*e:* javier@fiter.io
*w:* fiter.io <http://www.fiter.io/>
*m:* +598-94621188
[image: twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/Fiter_io> [image: youtube icon]
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfWztdFtHI3PwaSLAEcwTNQ> [image: linkedin
icon] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/fiter-io>

ApacheCon 2020 - call for presentations Fineract track

Posted by Javier Borkenztain <ja...@fiter.io>.
Hey all, just bringing this up again.

Please register for the meeting next week if you want to volunteer to help
on the event preparation:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/vpAvfuGgrTIukrw5uY2FlSysgPJdXLrj7w

Also, submit presentation proposals here: https://apachecon.com/acna2020/cfp

If your talk is selected for the event, you will have free entry to ONE
speaker per selected talk. We will not cover travel or lodging for
speakers. If you require travel/lodging assistance, please apply for our TAC
(Travel Assistance Committee) <https://www.apache.org/travel/> program.

Thanks,
Javier