Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Parker <sv...@yogasurftech.de> on 2009/05/26 19:51:10 UTC

SVN Write-through proxy: should Master and Slave repository have same UUID?

We are in a write-through setup. Should I set the UUID of master and
slave repository to same UUID?
In this case I can switch easily from master to slave in case of
afailure of my slave machine. However I feel a little bit uncomfortable,
because both repositories are NOT the same, but should have the same
contents.

What is the recommendation for this scenario?

Does anybody have any experieces with same UUID?

Regards,
Peter

Re: SVN Write-through proxy: should Master and Slave repository have same UUID?

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2009/5/26 Peter Parker <sv...@yogasurftech.de>:
> We are in a write-through setup. Should I set the UUID of master and
> slave repository to same UUID?

Yes, you should set them to the same uuid.

Try  svnadmin help setuuid

> In this case I can switch easily from master to slave in case of
> afailure of my slave machine. However I feel a little bit uncomfortable,
> because both repositories are NOT the same, but should have the same
> contents.

These are two copies of the same repository. Don't worry.

> In this case I can switch easily from master to slave in case of
> afailure of my slave machine.

You can switch from slave to master. The slave itself is read-only.

> What is the recommendation for this scenario?
>
> Does anybody have any experieces with same UUID?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko