Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> on 2005/08/05 21:01:46 UTC

Re: MyFaces 1.0.9: how old? how stable? what's next?

Sorry I'm so late getting back on this.  I'm starring at exactly 965
unread email messages in my 'JSF' filtered folder alone!!!

Jeez, don't you people ever shut up!?!  (for the well-intentioned,
albeit slow people, that was a joke!)

Seriously though.....

You should not be putting anything other than an official GA release
out on the Apache servers that get rsynch'd over to ibilio (which is
the default remote Maven repository).

For custom jobs, you can simply add a repository location via your
project.properties (see Maven's web site for more info) and that way,
when your Maven build doesn't see a snapshot, it will attempt the
next one in the list of locations.

I'm sorry for my lack of visibility, I'm waiting for a break at work
so I can catch up on things.

--
James Mitchell
Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I would post that question over to Infra or even the Maven list.  I wish I
could give more advise beyond this, but I only know what I read on the
lists, so anything more may be nothing more than speculation.

--
James Mitchell
Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance
EdgeTech, Inc.
http://www.edgetechservices.net/
678.910.8017
AIM:   jmitchtx
MSN:   jmitchell@apache.org
Skype: jmitchtx

I agree about only the official releases being in the Maven
repository.  We did *not* post the  version in question, however.
What are the rules on this?  I a Maven noob, but this seems to be a
drawback of the central repository approach ... who has the authority
to post jar files, etc.

sean

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
James,

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well, James, we are good at babbling away ;)

regards,

Martin