Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org> on 2011/03/23 19:31:58 UTC

movielens 1M example

Hi there,

with committing MAHOUT-542, I'd like to add a shell-script to our
examples that downloads the Movielens 1M dataset and factorizes it. Are
there any legal issues I have to consider?

--sebastian

Re: movielens 1M example

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
I totally agree with you on that then, I'll change the script.

Thanks!

--sebastian

Re: movielens 1M example

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
There are other datasets on Infochimps and Factual which are freely
downloadable.

http://www.infochimps.com/
http://www.factual.com/

--