Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Edwards, Peter" <Pe...@astrazeneca.com> on 2001/04/23 15:52:45 UTC

Authentication problem with servlets opening connection to other servlets

I am using the MemoryRealm to protect my web application. I have a servlet
that constructs a URL for another servlet in the same web application but I
find that when it opens a connection to the other servlet, the
authentication is not passed on and so it fails to open the stream. The only
error I get back is FileNotFoundException but if I turn off authentication
everything works.

Can anyone please guide me as to how to set this up correctly?

Should the error have been reported more helpfully?

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Pete